Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Busan was my last attempt to complete as much of my list of to-do while I was in Korea. Busan has been a regret to me since my visit in spring 2012, because I was only there for slightly more than half a day and I didn't have enough time for all the attractions on my list!
I set off the day after my last day of school, with my heavy backpack for my 2 days 1 night walking photography trip, overnight stay at the jjimjilbang. I bought the korail happyrail pass weeks before my trip, and booked my tickets on the same day. The happyrail pass is a limited time usage pass, and you can use it as many times during the specified time.

(Unit: KRW / Per Person)
Time PeriodNORMAL PassSAVER PassYOUTH Pass
AdultsChildren
(ages 4-12)
2~5 peopleages 13-25
1 days use87,00043,50078,30069,600
3 days use102,70051,30092,40082,200
5 days use179,90089,900161,900143,900

The travel time to Busan is about 2h 40min for the faster high-speed trains which stop only at bigger stations. I opted for a super early ride there so that i can explore more of Busan for my last 2 days in Korea.

Itinerary planning is one of my favourite activities to do, and I'm one of those "fun-filled packed itinerary" travellers. Chilling at a cafe for half a day is something I'll rather do back home. And of course, I plan the sequence of places to go accordingly to the time of the day (plus convenience of getting there). Well well, there's only 2 "golden hour" periods in a day and I must make full use of it!

You can use t-money in Busan, but topping up of the cards is only at selected convenience stores. Look out for the t-money logo!

Taejongdae Resort Park (태종대 유원지/ 太宗台)
257, Jeonmang-ro, Yeongdo-gu, Busan 부산광역시 영도구 전망로 24 (동삼동)
Website: www.taejongdae.or.kr
How to get there: From Busan station, cross the road towards Exit 7, turn right and walk to the nearest bus station. Take bus 101 for 22 stops, approx. 45 min.

I happened to chance on the photos of this place while randomly browsing a travel book in the book cafe. Of course, it immediately went onto my to-go places. The area is along the coastline, and offers a very scenic walk! If you don't want to walk or is with children or elderly, you can choose to take the tram. The wait for the tram is quite long during weekends though. I gave up queuing halfway and decided to walk.
Tram at Taejongdae (Danubi)
You can take a ferry ride to the nearby islands from the lighthouse too!



The scenic coastline was one of the highlights of my trip, since I love the sea and being close to the waters make me feel peaceful! However, there are other points of attractions at Taejongdae too!

Jiwoo Love Story in Busan
Where: Taejongdae Observatory 3F
What: Photo exhibition of Korean actress Choi Jiwoo (최지우/崔智友)
Choi Jiwoo was named the tourism ambassador for Busan, and this gallery exhibits photographs of her taken at various locations in Busan. 
Taejongsa Temple (태종사)
Address:부산광역시 영도구 전망로 119 (동삼동)
Telephone: 051-405-2727
How to get there: If you take the Danubi tram it will stop at the temple. If you are walking like me, take the left road from the main entrance if you want to go to the temple first.
I had the temple area all to myself while I was there. It was misty that day and it only added to the mysterious and calm feel of the temple.
Near the temple are rows and rows of hydrangea! One of my favourite flowers! Unfortunately many of them were dying in the summer heat!

Gamcheon cultural village (감천문화마을)
Address: 부산광역시 사하구 감천2동 10-130
Telephone: 51-293-3443
After seeing my friends' photos of Gamcheon Cultural Village, I immediately added this to my "must-go" places while I was in Korea. It was a highlight on my list and I was really looking forward to visit the place. However due to my busy schedule, it almost became a "i-will-go-when-i-return-to-korea" place. Nevertheless, I am glad I managed to squeeze it into my schedule!
Gamcheon Cultural Village, also known as Taegeukdo Village, is painted in cheerful colours and art installations are found throughout the village. Indeed it looks like a lego village as some say. It is located in high grounds meaning you can get a bird's eye view of the surroundings. The village used to be a slum for refugees of the Korean War, and was restored to an "Arts & Cultural Village" in 2010. 
Santorini on the South Sea!
If you go to the village centre, you can grab a copy of the stamp map and explore the tiny alleyways to find the stamps! Because the weather was so hot, the village centre ajumma told me she'll give me the free postcard first before I complete the tour, so that I don't need to make a trip back! I love the people there for their kindness! Before I started exploring the village, I went to one of the shops to buy a cold drink. The 2 grandmothers who saw me in perspiration started fanning me, and asked me if I'll like to keep my heavy looking bag in the shop while I go explore! Simply love the people there!
What attracted me to Gamcheon Village? The Little Prince! 
Since there was no one around to help me with an emo photo of my backview with Little Prince, selca was the way to go!
More art installations and murals around the village

Gwangalli Beach (광안리해수욕장)
Address: 부산광역시 수영구 광안2동 192-20
Telephone: 051-622-4251
How to get there (from Busan Station) (from visitkorea website):
1. From Busan Station, take city bus No. 41, 42, 140, 239, 240, 139 and get off at Gwanganlli Beach (runs frequently) 
2. From Express Bus Terminal, take city bus No. 131, 131-1
3. Take subway line no. 1 from Busan Subway Station and transfer from subway line no. 1 to no. 1 at Seomyeon Station. Get off at Gwangan Station(subway line no. 2, exit 3 or 5) and walk 5 minutes.

  
Another place I missed during my previous visit. After listening to Haha's song on Busan, it reminded me of the places I should visit!

Seagulls by the rocks
신라횟집
Address: 부산광역시 수영구 민락동 176-24
Telephone: 051-753-2800
After walking around for the longest time, I settled for raw fish bibimbap (회비빔밥) 10,000KRW. Finding food is not difficult along the gwangalli beach because of the numerous restaurants and cafes, just slightly limited choices for the single traveller.

Diamond Bridge!

After a whole day of walking, it's time for some rest. There are many lodging options in Busan, but I opted for the cheaper jjimjilbang stay. You can read more about My Guide to Jjimjilbang.

Going to the jjimjilbang is a particularly good option after a tiring day. You get to use the sauna facilities and dip in the hot springs! Of course, you must be prepared to sleep on the floor!
Haedong Yonggungsa Temple (해동 용궁사)
Address: 부산광역시 기장군 기장읍 시랑리 416-3 / 86 Yonggung-gil, Gijang-eup (416-3 Sirang-ri)
Telephone: 051-722-7744
I woke up early in the morning surrounded by many sleeping bodies. I didn't realise so many people came in after I fell asleep. No wonder the jjimjilbang ajussi woke me up to keep my handphone in my pouch. You really won't realise if someone takes your phone away, and I consider myself a light sleeper!
The bus trip there took about 40min. If you are an early riser, going there to see the sunrise will be the best option..However, since it was summer, sunrise was at 4am and there's no public transport available then.
日日是好日 meaning everyday is a good day! Written in Korean is 항시 좋은날 되시기바랍니다 meaning I wish you will have good days all the time. 
Guard on the doorway
The mystical dragon

The temple gets crowded early in the day. Do plan to reach there as early as possible!

Beomeosa Temple (범어사)
Address: 부산광역시 금정구 청룡동 546 / 546, Cheongryong-dong, Geumjeong-gu, Busan-si
Telephone: 051-508-3122
Beomeosa Temple is located at the edge of Mt. Geumjeongsan, a famous mountain in Busan. It's at the other end of Busan from where I was, but a place I didn't want to miss. I had one of those "to go, not to go" moments while I was making my way towards Busan station. The problem with a packed itinerary is that you can't afford to overstay at any of the places! I almost didn't make it here because I was busy taking too many photos earlier on. Plus my ktx ticket is fixed and I can't afford to miss the train. If not I may miss the flight the next day too!
 Gate of the heavenly kings
사천왕문, 四天王門
Part of the temple that was being restored. I love the simple wooden structures before they are painted too!
Families playing in the stream outside the temple
Free vegetarian lunch at the temple cafeteria. Simple yet delicious!
Overall Busan has been an enjoyable 2 days 1 night trip! There's definitely places in Busan that I plan to visit in the future! I miss the Busan already! Hopefully by the time I visit again, I'll be able to speak Busan Santoori!

For a map view of the places I went to, https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zygr7T5UPG6E.keHDamcs0Tsc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib